Monday, August 3, 2009

First Day of School

Today, Joe started school. There was so much buildup and everyone was so concerned about how I would handle dropping him off with strangers. To tell you the truth, I was perfectly ok with it. Daddy, and both Grandma's on the other hand were very anxious.

We had interviewed a number of daycares and investigated them thoroughly. I was very comfortable with our decision and going to visit last week made me even more sure that we had made the right decision.

However, the day came, and we got everything ready this morning. Got all of his stuff together and put him in the carseat ready to go. I had to take a picture to commemorate the occasion.


As a side note, not sure if anyone remembers, but one of the first posts we did had a picture of him in his carseat the day we left the hospital. You can tell how much he's grown when you see it in that context.

Anyhow, back to the story.....

So we got him in his carseat and during the four mile drive to the daycare, he fell asleep. So the dillema became, do we wake him up to meet his teachers so he doesn't wake up with strangers, or do we let him sleep. We decided to let him sleep. Grandma and I dropped him off around 8:30.

We picked him up around 11:30...we couldn't wait any longer to see how he was doing. When we went in, they said he'd done just great! The teacher said he was one of the easiest babies they had! He hadn't fussed a bit. Then I walked over to where he was laying down and this is the face I got.


He saved the pouty lip just for me. They said right before I got there he was just talkin' and smilin' away....then the pouty lip for Mommy. I suppose he needed to make me think he'd had a rough day. The big faker.

Anyhoo.....he apparently had a big 'ol time this morning because he's been asleep all but about an hour or two this afternoon. He barely wanted to wake up to eat....and from him, that's unusual.

Tomorrow's another day! We'll see how long Grandma can let him stay there...

No comments:

Post a Comment