Friday, July 24, 2009

Four Whole Months?!?


Well....Joe turned four months old this week. Four months! That's one third of a year! It's shocking for me to say this now, but I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. If you had asked me one month in, I couldn't have imagined how well we all would have adjusted in just four months. Actually, I probably would have said I didn't know if I'd make it four months! (I couldn't see past the sleepless nights at that point)

He's grown so much! We don't know exactly how much he weighs but he is definitely filling out his 3 month clothes and he's got chunky little legs, arms and cheeks now! He goes to the doctor on Monday for his 4 month vaccinations so we'll have the official results then. I can't wait to see! And yet....sometimes I'm so sad to see him growing up. Everyday he looks more and more like a little boy.

For any Aggie's out there, you'll appreciate that he had his first trip to Freebirds (burritos for anyone not familiar). He slept through the entire visit. I had him in the sling and as loud as it is in there, he slept like a log. THAT's how much he loved Freebirds. I'm sure he'll be a regular.....once he's on solid foods that is.

We also went to the day care center Joe will be attending and met his teachers. The class is really small. There are four babies (all boys) and two teachers. He'll have lots of time to play and will even be learning sign language. I can't wait to see how that works! He starts day care on August 3rd, but Grandma will be staying for a while to pick him up half day and ease him in gently. He's a really easy going baby, so hopefully it will be an easy transition. I really don't know how we are going to do mornings once Grandma leaves. Mom and Dad are going to have to do alot more planning ahead of time....for sure.

Joe's been really busy lately. Here are a few of his latest activities:
  • Watching TV - It's facinating. He will just stare at the TV when we turn on Noggin. If we are holding him and we turn away from the TV, he will turn his whole body around to watch it again!
  • Touching EVERYTHING with his feet - he loves to touch leaves and push around papers and kick around in the sink water.
  • He's starting to reach for things and grab a hold of toys. He doesn't have great control over his hands yet, but he's learning.
  • Talking - he loves to tell me about his day when I get home from work. He even makes facial expressions to go along with the stories. Its so convincing! I think he'll be talking soon. He clearly has a lot to say.
  • Hugging - ok...this one may just be accidentally on his part, but I love it anyway. So does Grandma.
  • Teething - we think he's started teething. He's chewing on his hands and our hands, drooling like crazy and crying like he's in pain until he starts chewing on something. I think it's too early for this....I hope that doesn't mean it will go on for longer than it needs to.
Alex and Maddie are on vacation this week in California and I know Joe misses them. They are having tons of fun, but I'm sure he'll be so excited to see them when they come back tomorrow and happy, happy, happy their back.

2 comments:

  1. So much fun to read how baby Joe is doing! I was going through your list checking off..."yep, Sophia's doing that too!". She always has her hands in her mouth. We've tried to replace it with a pacifier, but she would rather suck on her middle two fingers!! Can't wait to hear about his weigh in! BTW...I wish I could figure out how to get a neat background and picture like you have in your heading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe is such a cutie.....and he is getting so big! Can't wait for him and Ava to have their first play date. Maybe he can teach her all of his tricks. We are almost to the one month mark....and I agree that I can't imagine how life is going to ever be normal. So glad that you felt the same way.....you give me hope that by the time I go back to work, we will be a normal family. Things are looking up though. So glad that we went through this mommy thing at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete