Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall has...fallen?

Day care closed for Columbus day so Joe and I had a day together to run errands. I decided to brave the grocery store. This was our first time grocery shopping by ourselves. Joe did EXCELLENT. He loved looking at all the groceries and people. And he even helped by holding on to the cart (I know, gross, gross, gross). I kept him in my baby bjorn facing forward. He chatted and laughed at all the people. Charming them with his smiles. Even as we were checking out an elderly couple stopped to talk to him. I was distracted and putting things on the conveyor and as I turned around, the lady was right in my face, reaching for his head and gave him a kiss on the forehead. At first I was extremely freaked out...I had always heard that if you keep them in a carrier, people are less likely to touch the baby because they'd be invading your space to do so. Apparently not! But, I soon realized that the lady must have had dimentia or alzheimers and Joe's smiles probably made her day. Joe did his good deed for the day.

Alex had a chior concert on Thursday night. I rushed home to get Paul, Joe and Grandma, got in the car to drive across town to the school only to find no one there. Paul called around and found out that the concert was actually at the High School (about 3 miles from our house). No one told him (or so he says). So we had to RUSH to try to get there in time. And as luck would have it, there was an accident on the highway so we were stopped for a period of time. The whole time, Paul's saying...."and Alex made a point of saying that I've never been to one of her chior concerts because they are always during the day. And now I'm going to miss this one." Needless to say it was a very tense situation. But....alas, we were finally there so we shoved Paul out of the car at the door and we parked and met him in there. I kid you not....we were there about 30 seconds before Alex's group came onto the stage to perform. There had to be some divine intervention on that one. Joe loved the singing but HATED the clapping. The first time they did it he was so startled he started crying for a second. He never really got used to it, but he didn't cry after that.

Paul took pictures as evidence of his attendance in case it was ever called into question.


The Woodlands has so many activities going on during the fall. I'm so excited! I never really paid attention before I had Joe but now I notice all the fun stuff and potential photo ops. Speaking of, we have a word that we use in our house now to describe the level of humor, interest or cute factor of events. That word is "blogworthy." For example, if something happens and we are relating the story to the family, someone will comment, "that's definitely blogworthy." Who'da thunk....

Back to the photo ops and fall activities. This weekend we took Joe to the Taste of the Village and all three kids to a Pumpkin Patch. I must say, the Taste of the Village was kinda fun. They had all kinds of food samples from area restaurants and cartoon characters walking around. The Wells Fargo carriage was there and police cars and firetrucks the kids could climb on.

We saw SpongeBob, Dora, a random snowman, and the creepiest Spider Man ever. He was creepy because he was wearing this old, faded costume and had on undies that you could see through the outfit. I purposely didn't look, but Paul said they were red and black checked. Not good, Spidey. Not good.


The Pumpkin Patch was too cute. We got some cute pictures and a couple of pumpkins to bring home and try out. I've never really carved one before so Maddie and I are going to attempt it this year. Alex said she isn't going to help. Paul almost couldn't get her out of the car at the place....he told her "Ho Ho" needed her so she got out. Anything for her brother. Isn't that sweet? At least now Paul knows what her motivations are.

We had a strange urge to try on his hats one day. He seemed to like this one the best.

Joey - this picture's for you! Joey was #5 on his high school baseball team so that's his favorite number. Paul also pointed out that Joe is the 5th member of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment